Any entrepreneur, for the safe conduct of business, or a person receiving 600 or more US dollars in one calendar year as a salary or other remuneration, must write a statement in the blank of a W-9 form and send it to the appropriate authorities. The document has several parts and paragraphs. It should be borne in mind that when filling out the blank off, you cannot make corrections. It must be filled out correctly the first time.
W9 form Items
You can to issue it on the website, or use printable W 9 form IRS. The first part of the blank contains seven fields:
- Name and surname – must be entered by the tax resident of the United States as indicated in the tax return. If the list is filled out by the company or organization, it is necessary to write down its full legal name. These are the main questions in this field. In the case of a change of surname, without the availability of a notification, it is necessary to enter the data that are registered on the social security card, and then the new surname and name;
- Business name / disregarded entity name, if different from above – in this column of the printed blank the non-legal name of the tax resident is indicated in those cases when it differs from what is indicated in field 1;
- Check appropriate box for federal tax classification – selecting the appropriate field for the tax resident, you need to check the box in front of it. Only one field should be marked. If residence or a resident is an individual, then the mark must be put opposite the inscription Individual / sole proprietor;
- Exemptions – this field needs to be issued only if the resident has a certificate of exemption or tax relief for any reason. If the resident has such an exemption, then he must enter the code in field “Exempt” payee code and “Exemption from FATCA reporting code (if any)” in field 4. In order to clarify how to obtain such a right and find out if you have it, it is best to send a request to a tax consultant in the USA;
- Address (number, street, and apt. Or suite no.) – indicate the address (house number, street, apartment number).
- City, state, and ZIP code – city, state, zip code where the resident himself
- List account number (s) here (optional) – list of account numbers (optional).
In addition, there is a rule according to which the document includes the part in which you need to enter the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), as well as the Social security number. In cases where the resident is not a US citizen, enter ITIN (individual tax identification number) or Employer identification number in this field – for legal entities this is the employer identification number (EIN). Otherwise, the completed list may be returned for revision.
Who should fill out
|Foreign nationals earning more than $ 600 in the United States||Standard conditions|
|US Citizens||Standard conditions|
|Tenants||Increased taxation, as appropriate|
The purpose of the complete the list is to have no problems with your business partners, as well as with the US law enforcement agencies, any person, whether a freelancer or another refillable worker who receives more than 600 US dollars per year in the country, must complete form W-9. You can write the form either online or refuse to do so by filling out a form and submitting it to your business partners.